Section 8 – The Founding of America Documents
Standards Addressed in this Chapter
Content Statements: 5, 6, 7
Essential Question: What rights and responsibilities are established in the founding of America documents?
I Can Statements
- I can explain why American colonists wanted independence from Great Britain.
- I can explain the terms of the Northwest Ordinance.
- I can describe the three branches of government established in both the Ohio Constitution and the U.S. Constitution.
- I can explain how the U.S. Constitution limits government power by protecting citizens.
- I can list the five rights of the first amendment.
Funding for this chapter was provided by the Martha Holden Jennings Foundation
Interested in subscribing to the entire Ohio as America etextbook? Check out our informational site at www.ohioasamerica.org